About this course
The CSA+ certification acronym has changed to CySA+. CompTIA and its partners will make the change by June 29th, 2018. The exam code will remain the same.
CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with performance-based questions covering security analytics, intrusion detection and response. High-stakes exams are proctored at a Pearson VUE testing center in a highly secure environment. CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a post-2014 cybersecurity environment.
Who should attend?
CompTIA CySA+ is for IT professionals looking to gain the following security analyst skills:
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization.
- Configure and use threat-detection tools.
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization.
After completing the CompTIA CySA+ course, delegates will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments
- Analyse the cybersecurity threat landscape
- Analyse reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments
- Analyse attacks on computing and network environments
- Analyse post-attack techniques on computing and network environments
- Implement a vulnerability management program
- Evaluate the organization’s security through penetration testing
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence
- Analyse data collected from security and event logs
- Perform active analysis on assets and networks
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents
- Address security issues with the organization’s technology architecture
Lesson 1: Assessing Information Security Risk
Lesson 2: Analysing the Threat Landscape
Lesson 3: Analysing Reconnaissance Threats to Computing and Network Environments
Lesson 4: Analysing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments
Lesson 5: Analysing Post-Attack Techniques
Lesson 6: Managing Vulnerabilities in the Organization
Lesson 7: Implementing Penetration Testing to Evaluate Security
Lesson 8: Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence
Lesson 9: Analysing Log Data
Lesson 10: Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis
Lesson 11: Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
Lesson 12: Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
Lesson 13: Addressing Security Architecture Issues
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification verifies that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat detection tools, perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization, with the end goal of securing and protecting applications and systems within an organization.
Number of Questions : Maximum of 85 questions (Multiple choice and performance-based)
Length of Test: 165 minutes
Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
Email : [email protected]