About This Course
A one-day training course for legal professionals who have to deal with digital evidence. The course will look at the types of digital evidence that is routinely produced for legal proceedings and the potential issues surrounding that evidence.
The course will provide an overview of the forensic principles, techniques and terminology used by forensic investigators. The aim is to provide the candidate with a level of understanding so they can interpret forensic reports and assess the authenticity and integrity of the digital evidence. A reference manual will be provided to each candidate along with a certificate of completion confirming the number of training hours undertaken.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at legal professionals who are required to deal with digital evidence. No previous experience is required.
1 – Introduction to Digital Forensics
- Define Digital Forensics
- Legal Considerations
- Integrity of Digital Evidence
2 – Investigation Fundamentals
- Best Practice Guidelines
- The Four Principles of Computer-Based Evidence
- Identifying Electronic Sources of Evidence
- The Four Levels of Computer Data
- Types of Data
3 – Forensic Techniques / Terms Explained
- Forensic Image
- Forensic Clone
- Hash Values (digital fingerprint)
- Forensic Acquisition Reports
4 – What Happens to Deleted Data?
- Live Data
- Deleted Data
5 – Types of Digital Evidence
- Types of Digital Evidence
6 – Understanding Digital Evidence
- Time and Date Stamps (what you need to know)
- File Metadata (the hidden information)
- Internet History
- Email Headers
Email : [email protected]