About this course
COBIT 5 helps enterprises maximize the value of their information – the currency of the 21st century. Through its 16-year history, COBIT has been used by enterprises around the world to improve management of enterprise IT and governance. COBIT 5 provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models designed to help business and IT leaders maximize trust in, and value from, their enterprise’s information and technology assets. COBIT 5 provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. This framework helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
COBIT 5 integrates established ISACA risk and value management frameworks into an established governance framework provided for in earlier versions of COBIT.
This course is a 3-day classroom training that enables IT and business professionals to learn what COBIT 5 is and how it can be used to add value to their enterprises. At the end of the 3-day classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
The COBIT 5 Foundation certificate is awarded to candidates passing the examination. Participants will also earn 21 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units upon course completion.
Who Should Attend
This course and qualification provides a complete management-level overview of COBIT 5 framework. Candidates can expect to gain key competencies related to this certification.
• Understand the governance and management of enterprise IT
• Create awareness with your business executives and senior IT management
• Assess the current state of enterprise IT in your department or organization
• Scope which aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
This course is suitable for IT Consultants, IT Management and Governance related roles and Business Professionals who want to gain knowledge of the scope and structure of COBIT 5 or want to improve IT Governance in their or their clients’ organizations.
No prerequisites for attending this course.
• Understanding the drivers and benefits to organizations using the COBIT 5 Framework
• Understanding the 5 Key Principles of the COBIT 5 Framework
o Meeting stakeholder needs
o Covering the enterprise end-to-end
o Applying a single integrated framework
o Enabling a holistic approach
o Separating governance from management
• Understanding the 7 Enablers of the COBIT 5 Framework
o Principles, Policies and Framework
o Organizational Structures
o Culture, Ethics and Behaviour
o Services, Infrastructure and Application
o People, Skills and Competencies
• How to manage performance of organization enablers
• Understanding Process Reference Model Governance Domain including
o Five Processes in the Governance Domain
o Processes in the 4 Management Domains
• Using Continual Improvement Cycle in enabling change in the enterprise
• Understanding pain points and trigger points for improving governance and management of enterprise IT
• Developing a business case for initiatives related to COBIT 5
• Appreciating and understanding the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM) including
o Differences between Maturity Levels and Capability Levels
o Capability Levels in the PAM
o Attributes for the levels in PAM
o Ratings scale and how it is used in PAM
o Purpose and Benefits of the Assessment Model
o Guided Examination Preparation
Delegates who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with COBIT Foundation certificate. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
The exam format is as follows:
• Multiple choice
• 50 questions per paper with 1 mark available per question
• 25 marks required to pass – 50%
• 40 minutes duration
• Closed book
Language: Conducted in English Language
Duration: 3 Days
Venue: ACinfotec Training Center
16th Fl., Asia Centre Bldg., South Sathorn Rd.
Training Fees: 52,000 BAHT (Ex.Vat 7%)
Tel : 02 670 8980-3 ext. 304, 305
E-mail: [email protected]