About this Course
This course is a four-day classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing and managing IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This course is a free-standing qualification and is also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the official ITIL Service Strategy publication. Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course.
The ITIL Service Strategy certificate is awarded to candidates passing the examination. Participants will also earn 28 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units upon course completion.
This course and qualification provides a complete overview of service strategy including all its related activities: how to design, develop, and implement service management not only as an organizational capability but also as a strategic asset. Candidates can expect to gain key competencies related to this certification.
• Introduction to service strategy
• Service strategy principles
• Service strategy processes
• Organizing for service strategy
• Technology considerations
• Implementing service strategy
• Challenges, critical success factors and risks
1. Introduction to service strategy
• The scope of service strategy
• The value to the business
• The context of service strategy in relation to all other lifecycle stages
2. Service strategy principles
• The ability to decide on a service strategy
• How to utilize the four P’s of service strategy
• How to define services, create value and leverage the combined use of utility and
• How to use service economics and sourcing strategies when meeting business
3. Service strategy processes
• The management level concepts for the five service strategy processes and how they flow and integrate with the lifecycle
• The purpose, scope and objectives of each service strategy process and how they link to value for the business.
• The ability to analyse IT governance and use it to set strategy by leveraging governance frameworks, bodies.
5. Organizing for service strategy
• The ability to create an organizational design using the relevant development and departmental methods.
6. Technology considerations
• Understand the relevance and opportunities for service automation and the importance and application of technology interfaces across the lifecycle
7. Implementing service strategy
• Develop implementation strategies that follow a lifecycle approach (e.g. design, transition, operation and improvement, programmes)
8. Challenges, critical success factors and risks
• The ability to provide insight and guidance for strategic challenges, risks and critical success factors.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL
Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Candidates who hold the following ITIL qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be
• Earlier ITIL (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
• ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or
Practitioner bridging routes).
Who Should Attend
This course aims at those IT consultants, IT service providers, IT senior managers, IT managers and supervisory staff, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service designers, IT architects who are involved in the developing, designing, managing and delivering of IT Services within the organization.
Delegates who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL Service Strategy Intermediate certificate under the APMG certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only
Pre Course Reading Materials
It is recommended but not mandatory for course participants to complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Service Strategy publication in preparation for the examination
The examination duration is 90 minutes and is a closed-book paper containing 8 scenario-based gradient-scored MCQ (multiple choice questions). Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one whichis a distracter and achieves no marks.
A candidate is expected to answer all questions and must attain a score of 70% (28/40) and above to pass the examination and qualify for certification.
Language : Conducted in English Language
Duration : 5 Days
Location : ACinfotec Training Center
16th Fl., Asia Centre Bldg., South Sathorn Rd.
Training fees: 79,000 BAHT (Ex.vat 7%)
Tel : 02 670 8980-3 ext. 304, 305
Email : [email protected]
“ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited
and/or The ITIL Licensed Affiliate logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited”