ITIL® Intermediate – Lifecycle: Service Design (incl. Exam)
Date/Time: 25/02/2020 - 28/02/2020 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
About this Course
This course is a four-day classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing and managing IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This course is a free-standing qualification and is also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and design as documented in the official ITIL Service Design publication.. Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course. At the end of the four-day classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
The ITIL Service Design certificate is awarded to candidates passing the examination. Participants will also earn 28 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units upon course completion.
This course and qualification provides a complete overview of service design including all its related activities. Candidates can expect to gain key competencies related to this certification.
• Introduction to service design
• Service design principles
• Service design processes
• Service design technology related activities
• Organizing for service design
• Technology considerations
• Implementation and improvement of service design
• Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
1. Introduction to service design
• The scope of service design
• The business value of service design activities
• The context of service design in relation to all other lifecycle stages
• Service design inputs and outputs and the contents and use of the service design package and service acceptance criteria
2. Service design principles
• Design service solutions related to a customer’s needs
• Design and utilize the service portfolio to enhance business value
• The measurement systems and metrics
• Service design models to accommodate different service solutions
3. Service design processes
• The interaction of service design processes
• The flow of service design as it relates to the business and customer
• The five design aspects and how they are incorporated into the service design process
4. Service design technology-related activities
• Requirements engineering in the design process and utilizing the three types of requirements as identified for any system; functional, management/operations and usability
• The design of technical architectures for data and information management, and application management
5. Organizing for service design
• How to design, implement and populate a RACI diagram for any process that is within the scope of IT service management
• The service design roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used and how a service design organization would be structured to use these roles
6. Technology considerations
• Service design related service management tools, where and how they would be used
• The benefits and types of tools that support service design
7. Implementation and improvement of service design
• The six-stage implementation/improvement cycle and how the activities in each stage of the cycle are applied
• How business impact analysis, service level requirements and risk assessment can affect service design solutions
8. Challenges, critical success factors and risks
• Be able to provide insight and guidance for design challenges, risks and critical success factors
Who Should attend?
This course aims at those IT consultants, IT service providers, IT senior managers, IT managers and supervisory staff, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service designers, IT architects who are involved in the developing, designing, managing and delivering of IT Services within the organization.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL
Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Candidates who hold the following ITIL qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
• Earlier ITIL (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
• ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or
Practitioner bridging routes).
Delegates who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL Service Design Intermediate certificate under the APMG certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
Pre Course Reading Materials
It is recommended but not mandatory for course participants to complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Service Design publication in preparation for the examination
The examination duration is 90 minutes and is a closed-book paper containing 8 scenario-based gradient-scored MCQ (multiple choice questions). Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distractor and achieves no marks.
A candidate is expected to answer all questions and must attain a score of 70% (28/40) and above to pass the examination and qualify for certification
Duration: 4 Days
Date: February 25 – 28, 2020
Time: 9.30 am. – 16.30 pm.
Venue: ACinfotec Training Center
16th Fl., Asia Centre Bldg., South Sathorn Rd.
Training Fees: 59,000 Baht (ex.vat7%)
Tel. 02 670 8980-3 ext.304, 305
“ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited
and/or The ITIL Licensed Affiliate logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited”
Bookings are closed for this event.
Terms & Conditions for Course Registration
Please read the following terms & conditions for course registration carefully. Upon clicking submit button, it is demonstrated that I/We understand and accept the registration and cancellation policies and procedures.
- Full payment is required in advance prior to course commencement date.
- Payment is due upon registration
- Delegates who cancel after registration, or who don’t attend, are liable to pay the full course fee and no refunds can be given
- A replacement is always welcome
Disclaimer: ACinfotec reserves the right to change, postpone or cancel. Any part of its published programme due to unforeseen circumstances.