ITIL® Intermediate – Lifecycle: Service Operation (incl. Exam)
Date/Time: 27/05/2019 - 30/05/2019 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
About this Course
This course is a four-day classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing and managing IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This course is a free-standing qualification and is also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the official ITIL Service Operation publication. Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course. At the end of the four-day classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
The ITIL Service Operation certificate is awarded to candidates passing the examination. Participants will also earn 28 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units upon course completion.
This course and qualification provides a complete management-level overview of service operation including all its related activities. Candidates can expect to gain key competencies related to this certification.
• Introduction to service operation
• Service operation principles
• Service operation processes
• Common service operation activities
• Organizing for service operation
• Technology considerations
• Implementation of service operation
• Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
Who Should Attend?
This course aims at those Service Desk team leaders, supervisors and managers, IT consultants, IT service providers, IT senior managers, IT managers and supervisory staff, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service designers, IT architects who are involved in the developing, designing,, managing and delivering of IT Services within the organization.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Candidates who hold the following ITIL qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
• Earlier ITIL (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
• ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or
Practitioner bridging routes).
1. Introduction to service operation
• The purpose, objectives and scope of service operation
• The value to the business
• The context of service operation in the ITIL service lifecycle
• The fundamental aspects of service operation and the ability to define them.
2. Service operation principles
• How an understanding of the basic conflict between maintaining the status quo and adapting to changes in business needs can lead to better service operation
• Other service operation principles including: involvement in other lifecycle stages; understanding operational health; the need for good documentation and communication including a communication strategy
• Service operation inputs and outputs
3. Service operation processes
• The use, interaction and value of each of the service operation processes: event management, incident management, request fulfillment, problem management, and access management
4. Common service operation activities
• How the common activities of service operation are coordinated for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
• How monitoring, reporting and control of the services contributes to the ongoing management of the services and the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
• How the operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages contribute to service operation
• How IT operations staff should look for opportunities to improve the operational activities.
5. Organizing for service operation
• The role, objectives and activities of each of the four functions of service operation: service desk, technical management, IT operations management, and application management
• Service operation roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used as well as how a service operation organization would be structured to use these roles.
6. Technology considerations
• The generic requirements of technologies that support service management across all lifecycle stages
• The specific technology required to support the service operation processes and functions.
7. Implementation of service operation
• Specific issues relevant to implementing service operation including: managing change in service operation; assessing and managing risk in service operation; operations staff involvement in service design and service transition
• Planning and implementing service management technologies within a company.
8. Challenges, critical success factors and risks
• The challenges (e.g. engagement with staff outside service operation, justifying funding), critical success factors (e.g. management and business support, staff retention) and risks (e.g. loss of service) related to service operation
Delegates who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL Service Operation Intermediate certificate under the APMG certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
Pre Course Reading Materials
It is recommended but not mandatory for course participants to complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Service Operation publication in preparation for the examination.
The examination duration is 90 minutes and is a closed-book paper containing 8 scenario-based gradient-scored MCQ (multiple choice questions). Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
A candidate is expected to answer all questions and must attain a score of 70% (28/40) and above to pass the examination and qualify for certification.
Duration : 4 Days
Date : May 27 – 30, 2019
Time : 9.30 am. – 16.30 pm.
Venue : ACinfotec Training Center
Tuition : THB 59,000 (Exclusive of 7% VAT)
Contact : Tel 02 670 8980 – 3
E-mail [email protected]
“ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited
and/or The ITIL Licensed Affiliate logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited”
Terms & Conditions for Course Registration
Please read the following terms & conditions for course registration carefully. Upon clicking submit button, it is demonstrated that I/We understand and accept the registration and cancellation policies and procedures.
- Full payment is required in advance prior to course commencement date.
- Payment is due upon registration
- Delegates who cancel after registration, or who don’t attend, are liable to pay the full course fee and no refunds can be given
- A replacement is always welcome
Disclaimer: ACinfotec reserves the right to change, postpone or cancel. Any part of its published programme due to unforeseen circumstances.