PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27034 Application Security Lead Implementer
Date/Time: 25/05/2020 - 29/05/2020 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
About this course
This five-day intensive course enables the participants to understand specific principles and concepts proposed by ISO/IEC 27034 for AS and understand how they can be implemented, step by step, to help organizations to develop, acquire, implement, use, and maintain trustworthy applications, according to their specific business context, at an acceptable cost. More specifically, the ISO/IEC 27034 framework proposes components and processes to provide verifiable evidences that an application have reached and maintained a targeted level of trust as specified by the organization. The responsibility of a Certified ISO/IEC 27034 Application Security Lead Implementer is to assist organizations to put in place required 27034 framework elements and guide the organization to integrate Application Security Controls (ASC) seamlessly throughout the life cycle of their applications. AS applies not only to the software of an application but also to its other components and contributing factors that impact its security, such as its technological context, its regulatory context, its business context, its specifications, the sensitivity of its data, and the processes and actors supporting its entire life cycle.
- ISO 27034 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO 27034 is recommended.
- To understand the implementation of AS in accordance with ISO/IEC 27034
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of AS
- To understand the relationship between the components of an AS including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To acquire necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining an AS as specified in ISO/IEC 27034
- To acquire necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/IEC 27034
- To develop knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of AS
- To improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of AS
Who should Attend?
- Managers, such as information security managers, project managers, administrators, software development managers, application owners and line managers, who wish to:
- balance the cost of implementing and maintaining AS against the risks and value it represents for the organization
- prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an AS project
- Provisioning and operation teams such as architects, analysts, programmers, testers, system administrators, DBA, network administrators, and technical personnel, who wish to:
- minimize the impact of introducing ASC into organizations’ existing processes, such as design, development, test, deployment, operation, archival and destruction
- understand which controls should be applied at each stage of an application’s life cycle and witch one should be implemented inside the application itself
- Acquirers and Suppliers who wish to:
- prepare/comply to requests for proposals that include requirements for ASC and Level of Trust
- Auditors who wish to:
- fully understand the AS processes involves in the ISO/IEC 27034
Day 1: Introduction: AS overview and concepts as proposed by ISO/IEC 27034
- Introduction to ISO/IEC 27034 AS and its global vision
- Fundamental principles in Information Security
- Overview, concepts, principles, definitions, scope, components, processes and actors involved in AS
- Embedded implicit concepts
- Presentation of the 27034 series: ISO/IEC 27034-1, ISO/IEC 27034-2, ISO/IEC 27034-3, ISO/IEC 27034-4, ISO/IEC 27034-5, ISO/IEC 27034-5-1, ISO/IEC 27034-6.
Day 2: Implementation of AS based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Security into application project
- The Application Security Management Process
- Provisioning and operating an application
- Maintaining the Actual Level of Trust on the Targeted Level of Trust
- Development of AS validation
Day 3: Implementation of AS based on ISO/IEC 27034 (cont.)
- AS at the organization level
- Goals of AS for an organization
- The Organization Normative Framework (ONF)
- The ONF committee
- The ONF Management process
- Integration of ISO/IEC 27034 elements into the organization’s existing processes
- Design, validation, implementation, verification, operation and evolution of ASCs
- The ASC libraries
- The AS Traceability matrix
- Drafting the certification process
- Security guidance for specific organizations and applications
- Cases Study,
- 27034 implementation examples for small and large organizations
- How 27034 can help to resolve conflicting regulations requirements for an application
- Developing ASCs
- Acquiring ASCs
Day 4: AS validation and certification
- The purpose of internal AS audit
- Minimize the cost of an audit
- Be sure you have all expected evidences ready
- Overview of the AS validation and certification process under 27034.
- How to help an organization to be certified
- How to help an application project to be certified
- Protocols and ASC data structure based on ISO/IEC 27034
- An free formal languages for ASC communication
- ISO/27034 proposed XML schemas,
- data structure, descriptions, graphical representation
- ISO/IEC 27034 AS final review
Day 5: Certification Exam
Language : Conducted in Thai Language
Duration : 5 Days
Date : May 25 – 29,2020
Time : 9.30-16.30
Venue : ACinfotec Training Center
16th Fl., Asia Centre Bldg., South Sathorn Rd.
Contact : T 02 670 8980-3 ext.312
Price : 51,500 baht(Ex.Vat)
This event is fully booked.
Terms & Conditions for Course Registration
Please read the following terms & conditions for course registration carefully. Upon clicking submit button, it is demonstrated that I/We understand and accept the registration and cancellation policies and procedures.
- Full payment is required in advance prior to course commencement date.
- Payment is due upon registration
- Delegates who cancel after registration, or who don’t attend, are liable to pay the full course fee and no refunds can be given
- A replacement is always welcome
Disclaimer: ACinfotec reserves the right to change, postpone or cancel. Any part of its published programme due to unforeseen circumstances.