Principal of IT Governance, Risk and Compliance (Thai)
Date/Time: 17/02/2023 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
About this course
This course defines IT Governance broadly as a collection of management, planning and performance reporting and reviewing processes, which establish controls and performance metrics over key IT investments; business/IT alignment decisions; the effectiveness of IT program and project deployment, the efficiency of IT delivery, infrastructure and operational services and new or change request authorizations and compliance with regulations, laws and organizational policies.
The broad definition encompasses how well IT is providing value to and servicing the business as well as doing its part in complying with regulations and organizational policies and plans. This is a “How to” Course that is Pragmatic and Actionable. This course will enable an organization to migrate from its current state of IT governance to a higher level of IT maturity and impact the bottom line significantly.
Who Should attend?
- IT professionals working in audit, compliance, risk, security and governance.
- Managers and Executives concerned about the quality of business information.
Overview of IT Governance
- Why IT governance? Driving forces and challenges
- IT Governance VS Enterprise Governance
- Executive View of IT governance
- Who benefits and what are the value propositions?
- The Role of the Board and Executive Management in IT Governance
- Enterprise Governance of The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and their relationship with IT governance
Overview of Industry Best Practice Standards, Model and Guidelines covering some aspect of IT governance
- PMBOK, PRINCE2, CMMI, ITIL, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 22301, COBIT, COSO ERM, SOX, IIA Guidance on Governance
- IT Governance framework
- Key Governance Processes- Planning, Execution, Performance Management and Balanced Scorecard, Steering Groups, Outsourcing etc.
Principles of Business/IT Alignment Excellence
- Business and IT Plans
- Investment/Portfolio Management Criteria
- IT Engagement Model
Principles of Program/Project Management Excellence
- PM Life Cycle Phases and Templates
- PM Metrics
- Project Risk Management
Principles of IT Service Management and Delivery Excellence
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and its value, metrics, work flows
- Overview of ISO 20000 service management system
Principles of Information Security Management
- Security Risk Management
- ISO 27001 information security management system
Principles of Vendor Management and Outsourcing Excellence
- Vendor Selection, Negotiations and Management
- IT Governance in relations with Outsourcing
Using COBIT 4.1 as a tool for implementing IT Governance
- COBIT 4.1 introduction
- COBIT principles and enablers
- Roadmap to Implement IT Governance
- Difference between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5
- COBIT 4.1 and SOX
Selected Case Studies and Lessons Learned
Duration: 1 Day
Date: Feb 17, 2023
Time: 9.30 am. – 16.30 pm.
Venue: ACinfotec Training Center
16th Fl., Asia Centre Bldg., South Sathorn Rd.
Training Fees: 9,000 Baht (ex.vat7%)
Tel. 02 670 8980-3 ext.304, 305
Terms & Conditions for Course Registration
Please read the following terms & conditions for course registration carefully. Upon clicking submit button, it is demonstrated that I/We understand and accept the registration and cancellation policies and procedures.
- Full payment is required in advance prior to course commencement date.
- Payment is due upon registration
- Delegates who cancel after registration, or who don’t attend, are liable to pay the full course fee and no refunds can be given
- A replacement is always welcome
Disclaimer: ACinfotec reserves the right to change, postpone or cancel. Any part of its published programme due to unforeseen circumstances.